I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with grass stains on my shoes from mowing Sister Schenck's lawn. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbor's children. I want to be there with a little dirl under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."
~Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Monday, April 7, 2008

A Tribute To My Beautiful Girls!

My they stay sweet and innocent forever!!

Dearest Ashlynn and Hailey, I know that you can never know the depth of
a Mothers' love until you have been a Mother your self, but I hope that some how you will be able to catch, even a glimpse, the joy and happiness that you have brought to my life! I love you with all of my Heart! I pray that you will have the strength to follow your dreams, and that those dreams will take you where your Father in Heaven would have you go. Never forget that you do have a Father in Heaven who loves you. He is always there for you and does answer prayers. I love you more than I could ever tell you!! Love, Mommy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is the sweetest thing i have read in along time. you are such a good mother your girls are oh so lucky. you brought tears to my eyes. I really wish we were closer miss you lots. love ya summer

Anonymous said...

Chelsey,
I really loved that tribute. Although you wrote it for your girls, it made me think of our Mother in Heaven, and what she might say to us while we are here on earth struggling to follow our dreams and to fulfil our mission in life. It made me cry too. I love you. Thanks for the reminder that Heavenly Father loves us and answers our prayers. I needed it today.

kate said...

Chels-
Beautiful tribute to your beautiful girls!!! You are such a wonderful Mommy!! Like you always said growing up... You just wanted to be a mom.. and a fantastic one indeed! I hope that I can be as great as you are when I finally decide to take the plunge ( No Anthony not pregnant yet! :) )

Miss you! I wish that you were closer so that we could go for a coke in your old red car with the red light and listen to Ben Kweller!.. Good times