I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with grass stains on my shoes from mowing Sister Schenck's lawn. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbor's children. I want to be there with a little dirl under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."
~Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

"No, It's A Baby!"

Yesterday we had to go to the hospital with Hailey. She had a UTI and as a precautionary her doctor wanted us to go in and get an ultra sound on her kidneys, to make sure everything is developing properly. She did really great! I told her that they were going to look at her insides like they did when Mommy went in and we got to see a picture of the baby. She actually sat really still, the lady doing it was really amazed. When we were leaving she stopped us and gave Hailey some pictures of her kidneys. Hailey thought this was really cool and Ashlynn asked her if she could see the pictures of her belly. Hailey looked at her and said, "No, it's a baby." I couldn't help but laugh. Now she's really convinced she's the one having a baby. I had to sit her down and try to explain what her pictures were. Do you think she understands? Who knows. Anyway, everything came out great and there were no problems. BIG relief!

2 comments:

kate said...

Glad to hear that everything went well. It's so funny to imagine what kids really are thinking.

Elder Larkin said...

She is my sweetheart! I love this little girl, as much as I would if she were mine! I miss you guys already! Wish you were camping with us this week.