I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with grass stains on my shoes from mowing Sister Schenck's lawn. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbor's children. I want to be there with a little dirl under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."
~Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Monday, July 28, 2008

So Proud Of My Hailey Girl!

When Grandma & Grandpa came up to visit, Hailey decided that it was neat to go 'Potty.' She actually had people to cheer her on! When they left we returned to our normal routine, cleaning house, going to church, eat, sleep. On Monday when Hailey got up her diaper was dry, which she's done a few times, so Mommy stuck her on the toilet. She went, yeah!! Then through out that day, she put herself up there, going every time with no accidents. We couldn't believe it. So that night we had her go before she went to bed and the next morning... DRY!! She's been doing this now for a whole week, with only two accidents. And on Saturday she started going "#2!!" I know that some of you can feel my excitement but for those of you without kids, this is one of those mile stones!!! And she's not even two and a half! I am so proud of her and I know that she's proud of herself! Every time she goes she exclaims, "I did it!" I can't believe how big she's getting. Don't they just grow up to fast?
I love you Hailey Girl!

2 comments:

Elder Larkin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elder Larkin said...

Good job Hailey girl! You are such a sweetie pie!