I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with grass stains on my shoes from mowing Sister Schenck's lawn. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbor's children. I want to be there with a little dirl under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."
~Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Tony Grove! (11~01)

When Grandma & Grandpa Mackley were here we took the van up the mountain for a drive. Anthony had just replaced the front and rear struts on it and wanted to see how it would do, so we packed up a picnic and headed out! We decided to go to Tony Grove since Grandma & Grandpa have never been there. It was beautiful and the weather was great!
After eating lunch Anthony and the girls took of to explore. They hop-skipped some rocks and ended up on some rocks surrounded by water! It's a good thing they have their Dad because I would never have let them go on them!! I'm too chicken! I just kpt thinking, 'Iwonder how deep the water is right there?' (i just couldn't get it out of my mind that they might fall)


3 comments:

kate said...

Fun! I love the belly pic.. You need to add more! You never responded on when you're coming down.. {or if you're coming down..} let me know chica! Movie night could be an early b-day present for ya! :)

Always, Forever, NO MATTER WHAT said...

That looks like alot of fun. I know what you mean about being a worrier, and all. It's in mothers DNA. You have the cutes family. I can't wait to see the new addition to the Vick/Mackley. We love our babies.

Elder Larkin said...

Great pics! Looks like you had a great time with "Papa" and "Gramma"