I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with grass stains on my shoes from mowing Sister Schenck's lawn. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbor's children. I want to be there with a little dirl under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."
~Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Daddy Said Yes!

So,... we were going to wait until Ashlynn's birthday in a month to get her ears pierced but we were at the mall today and thought that we'd just do them now. When we got there and got looking at the earring's she decided that she wanted to wait. Hailey climbed up in the chair and said, ' I want to pierce mine!' And Daddy said yes! So she picked which ones she wanted and we got them pierced! While she was waiting, she looked down at Ashlynn and said, 'Ash, are you just to scared?' I can not believe how brave my (almost) 3 year old is! She is so excited about having 'rainbow' earring's!








I guess we'll be going back in a month!

3 comments:

Elder Larkin said...

Oh!!! She looks so cute with her ears pierced! That IS brave. I remember how excited and scared I was when I got mine done. What a fun memory. You guys having fun with Aunt Nana?

aprilalexus said...

She looks so cute and you have your hands full with her she is a wild child!! lol Remember those earings arent the best to keep in her ears Oakley's got stuck and so infected so as soon as you can I would switch them to hoops. Here I am being a mom and telling you what to do haha Im just looking out for Hailey :)

kate said...

Yes indeed Chels.. wild child in the making! ;)

Do you remember when your sis Joy pierced my ear up on the top our sophomore year, and it got SO infected that it swelled all CRAZY??

anywho..

she looks darling!