I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with grass stains on my shoes from mowing Sister Schenck's lawn. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbor's children. I want to be there with a little dirl under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."
~Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Child Labor?

The girls always want to help me clean the house but I'm sure you know as well as I do that sometimes little helping hands can sometimes be not so helpful. So when Ashlynn & Hailey asked if they could help me clean the kitchen, I told them certainly! I let them clean the floor! They thought that it was such a fun activity, I told them it was their job from now on, and they loved the idea! So do I, because mopping the kitchen floor is my least favorite chore to do!



9 comments:

JustLivingMYLife said...

haha that is seriously so cute!
and it totally works, you got free labor for floor cleaning now

aprilalexus said...

haha dont you love how kids think cleaning is so fun?! Carter has always been my little cleaner and he makes more messes then he cleans but he loves it so I let him :) Seriously the best way to loose all your weight is to order a cleanse online it gets rid of all the toxins in your body but since you breast feed you need to talk to your dr and find out wich one you can do :) its the only way I swear by it!! I'll call you and give you some names of some I have tried NIck just did a 3 month one that he loved and Im gonna order it this month to tey it,I need to get my body looking good for the swim suit :)

aprilalexus said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
aprilalexus said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
aprilalexus said...

haha dont you love how kids think cleaning is so fun?! Carter has always been my little cleaner and he makes more messes then he cleans but he loves it so I let him :) Seriously the best way to loose all your weight is to order a cleanse online it gets rid of all the toxins in your body but since you breast feed you need to talk to your dr and find out wich one you can do :) its the only way I swear by it!! I'll call you and give you some names of some I have tried NIck just did a 3 month one that he loved and Im gonna order it this month to tey it,I need to get my body looking good for the swim suit :)

aprilalexus said...

omg I dont know what the heck happened sorry for all the same post it wont let me erase anymore LOL

Always, Forever, NO MATTER WHAT said...

No that is not child labor. I think it's great. How else are they going to learn how to clean? I find with Treigh I some times have to redue what he has cleaned,but that's only because he is still learning. They do get better. Way to go girls!

kate said...

Way to put em' to work Chels! No, it's good, they should learn how to work now so they'll know who later!

Elder Larkin said...

Wait 'til the novelty wears off. Then you'll have to bribe them to do it.