I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with grass stains on my shoes from mowing Sister Schenck's lawn. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbor's children. I want to be there with a little dirl under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."
~Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The Bass Pro Shop, Yogart Land and swimming with the Larkins

Ashlynn, Tanner and Hailey in front of the fresh water tank at the Bass Pro Shop. Aunt Cindy & Uncle Bryce talked us into going on a little outing while the pool was warming up. We sure had a fun time visiting them. Next time we need to stay longer!

Anthony helping Hailey put!

Anthony dropped this one right into the hole! Go Daddy!
Tanner trying his hand at golf!
Anthony helping Ashlynn put!

There was a HUGE salt water tank in the Bass Pro Shop. It was really cool being so close to the sharks ans the sting ray!



After the Bass Pro Shop, we headed over to Town Square. The kids had so much fun playing on the splash pad and the Yogurt was to die for! Alyssa liked it too!





By the time we got back, the water was warm enough to swim in. It was really fun. We played Pig and tried to teach the girls to float in their life jackets, Ashlynn freaked out. But when she didn't have her vest on, she was just fine. Go figure! She'd drown quicker with it on but try telling a five year old that. I think it was just that the life jacket made her feel unbalanced in the water. We defiantly have to do swim lessons this summer.




1 comments:

Elder Larkin said...

we had so much fun having younguys here! i miss you already!