I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with grass stains on my shoes from mowing Sister Schenck's lawn. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbor's children. I want to be there with a little dirl under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."
~Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Vick Family Reunion

The Vick family had a family reunion July 8-12. It was a blast. We camped out at the Pineview Reservoir Wednesday and Thursday. Our camping spot was right on the edge of the lake, so the kids were able to go down to he water and play.


Alyssa eating a red vine!
We have one tough Daddy! Look at those muscles!

Anthony kayaking
Ashlynn playing in the water!

Hailey... playing!

Anthony took Alyssa into the water,which she seemed to love!


Uncle BJ brought his girlfriend, Shay, and her cousin Courtney. Hailey loved them to death! Hopefully Shay will be apart of our family soon.
She's such a sweetheart!
Shay and BJ

4 comments:

Always, Forever, NO MATTER WHAT said...

How fun! It looks like you guys had blast. We had fun camping w/ Dondi's family, and I am hopinh that we are able to go camping w/ our family at the end of July. Any chance you guy's will be down around that time?

Larkin's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Larkin's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

That looks like alot of fun!! BJ's girlfriend looks nice too. Your last photo...it looks like Anthony kissing her though. Don't you think that looks like Anthony? hahaha! ~Cindy