I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with grass stains on my shoes from mowing Sister Schenck's lawn. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbor's children. I want to be there with a little dirl under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."
~Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

1st Day of Kindergarten

Ashlynn's first day of Kindergarten was yesterday, Monday August 31st, 2009! That morning she asked me at least a dozen times, 'Mom, what time is it?.... 'Mom, can I get my backpack on?' I thought I was going to go nuts! When the time came, we walked with our neighbor who's little girl is in Ashlynn's class. When we arrived I, of course, had to take a few pictures! She was so happy! I hope she keeps this enthusiasm through all her years of school. Wanting to learn is so important to becoming successful at it.

I love you Ash!
I can't believe what a beautiful young girl you have become.
I'm so proud of who you are and who you're becoming.
Love,
Mommy

Woodruff Elementary School
The big Crayons
Ashlynn's monkey is one of the three at the top!

Sitting at her table (Kennedi is also at her table)

4 comments:

Josh and Nat said...

she look so pretty!

Anonymous said...

Ash, I hope you have a wonderful year at school. I know how much you have been looking forward to school starting. Just want you to know that I love you,
Grandma Mackley

Elder Larkin said...

The first day of Kindergarten is such a BIG deal! For her, and for you. Looks like she had a great time. Cute pics too!

Melissa Hoffmeyer said...

Sniff,Sniff!! I cant believe she is old enough to go to school!! I remember when she was just a tiny baby! She is soo cute with her BTS style!! Ahhh...I would have cried!