I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with grass stains on my shoes from mowing Sister Schenck's lawn. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbor's children. I want to be there with a little dirl under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."
~Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Friday, January 8, 2010

Alyssa's Birthday and 4 wheeling with the Mack's

The cake.


Greg had to leave so they stopped by before the party and had Alyssa open her present.
She fell in love at first hug!
They couldn't have given her a better present because she LOVES cuddly things.
This picture is a little blurry, but Aunt Joy gave her THE CUTEST headband.
It says,
'Today I eat cake!'
She wouldn't leave it on but I stuck it back on her a few times to get some pictures of it on her.
Then we decided that it looked great on the puppy that Greg and Julie gave her.
So That's where it stayed...
The big cookie.
Just so you know,
Alyssa is an expert unwrapper.
On Christmas morning she tore into her presents,
even though she has NEVER opened a present before.
She knew exactly what to do!
For all of the girls 1st birthday's,
Aunt Joy has got them their first dish set.
I think that is such a great idea.
We even still have the other girls...

Grandma and Grandpa got Alyssa the old fashioned Fisher Price Pull Along phone.
LOVE it! It's so cute.


At first Alyssa wasn't so sure what to do with her cake.
Then she figured it out!
Yummy.



All the kids.
Us girls.
Me and Mom.
3 of us.
On new years day we went 4 wheeling with the Mackley side of the fam.
The girls LOVED it.
We had a fire to roast hotdogs and Marshmellos and Hot chocolate.
Ahslynn and Anthony warming thier hands.
Hailey.
Grandma and Alyssa.
Hailey.

Natasha and Alyssa.
Anthony and I took Alyssa on a little ride.
She kept saying "Ooooh"
I think she liked it too.

5 comments:

Lyndy Butler said...

Your blog is filled with pretty girls!

Elder Larkin said...

LOVE the pics! So cute!

Elder Larkin said...

PS. that hat on Alyssa is so cute! I bet she had a really fun party. Was her favorite thing playing with bows and wrapping paper??

Elder Larkin said...

oh wait! one more thing! you look really cute in your new Christmas shirt too!

(as a side note...we want to come to Logan and visit). I wish we could.

kate said...

looks like a fun holiday.

alyssa is adorable. happy birthday beautiful girl!