I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with grass stains on my shoes from mowing Sister Schenck's lawn. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbor's children. I want to be there with a little dirl under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."
~Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Christmas Eve at Jana's and Christmas Morning

Since we had the Mackley family Christmas party early,
we spent Christmas Eve with Jana, Dondi and Treighton.
Jana prepared a nummy ham and funeral potato dinner for our family and Mom and Dad.

The girls love to listen to Jana's ipod.

Anthony and me.

Dad.

Ashlynn as Mary.

Hailey. Our little angel.... hahahahahaha



We tried to have Alyssa be a wise man,
but she was not to trilled to have the costume on.
She pulled it right off.
In fact,
I'm surprised I was even able to take a picture.

So...
Dad ended up being the wise man.

Mom, Jana and me.

My girls and me.
They were all ready for bed in their new PJs.
They could hardly go to sleep they were so excited.

All of us.
Christmas Eve 2009.
CHRISTMAS MORNING
Alyssa didn't want to wake up yet.

The girls were so excited because Santa remembered they were at Grandma Mackley's house for Christmas.

Ashlynn opened a Hannah Montana Barbie and Hailey was not to happy for her.

Then,...
she opened her first present...
Santa remembered the Barbie that she has seen at Kohls.

Alyssa opened her first present ever...
her very first baby doll.

Ashlynn got a watch so she can learn to tell time.

Hailey helped Daddy open the present she picked out for him.

I got Anthony the tiniest little pan called The One Egg Wonder.
He told the girls it's his new bum spanker.

My sweet Alyssa.

The girls opening a present to both of them.

I just have to say,
that Christmas morning is exciting again.
Little kids that are excited about Santa make the morning what it was when we were little kids.
It is so fun to see their excited faces and to know that the believe.
Christmas for us was small this year but the wonder in our Children's face made it the best Christmas of all.

3 comments:

Elder Larkin said...

I forgot that you guys were at Mom & Dad's this year! Did they have fun watching the girls? I'll bet they did. I love the picture of Hailey when she saw what Ashlynn got. Then the look on her face when she got something great too. So funny. That pic of Alyssa as the wiseman is too funny! I can tell she was straining to get it off! Looks like a great Christmas. I even like the "bum spanker" pan. Does it work well?

Always, Forever, NO MATTER WHAT said...

That was so much fun having you guy's over for Christmas Eve dinner. Hailey is dang funny!

Melissa Hoffmeyer said...

I love the spanking pan...leave it to Anth to ruin christmas!! LOL Just kidding! Love the pictures.