I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with grass stains on my shoes from mowing Sister Schenck's lawn. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbor's children. I want to be there with a little dirl under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."
~Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Ashlynn's Birthday Party

Ashlynn's birthday party was 2 weeks ago and I am just now getting around to posting it.
I have not been into blogging lately,
so...
I guess it's better late than never.
Ashlynn is really in to Hannah Montana right now and so it was no surprise when she told me that she wanted a Hannah Montana party.
We set up a table with a mirror and crimped their hair, painted their fingernails and did their makeup.
Then we had them do a fashion show down the hall way.
They all had a blast!
After the fashion show,
they ate cake and then opened presents.
I really can't believe that Ash is 6 now.
She is such a big girl.
(Their were a lot of kids at the party, so I only posted pictures of my girls.)





The girls also got to take turns singing with the Hannah Montana head phones.
They thought it was great!


The cake and table.
The Birthday Girl!
The cake was a big hit!
Look how Ash is sitting all proper in her new Hannah Montana dress!
(I bought it for her, especially for her birthday party!)
She is to big!
After the girls were done eating they sat down to watch Hannah Montana, the movie, till their Mom's showed up.

5 comments:

kate said...

Wow! She's gorgeous! I love her little dress too!

Melissa Hoffmeyer said...

Great party..I didnt see my invited though?? How rude!! LOL She is so big how!!

Always, Forever, NO MATTER WHAT said...

Ashlynn is growing up so fast. The party looks like a big success. What a lot of fun.

Elder Larkin said...

Oh Ashlynn! You are getting so grown up! You looks soooo pretty in your Hannah Montana costume! I love your hair too! I hope you had a MaRvElOuS birthday party with your friends! I LOVE you so much little girly! ~Love Aunt Cindy

Anonymous said...

Dear Hailely and Ashie,
It looks like you had wonderful birthday parites. You mama does such wonderful thing for you. Aren't you so lucky! Wish we could have been there. Hailey, I am so glad you got your new puppy. I hope this one NEVER gets lost!
We love you all so much,
Love from,
Grandma Mackley