I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with grass stains on my shoes from mowing Sister Schenck's lawn. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbor's children. I want to be there with a little dirl under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."
~Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

My Hailey Girl!

I love spending tome with Hailey! Although my weeks have been crazy, Hailey is my tag along and it has been sooo great! I really think she enjoys our time together too. Everyday, we drop Ashlynn off at school and then do what's next on the list. Sometimes it's going to the store. Other times it's going home and either, doing laundry, dishes, waking to the mail box, going across the street to the play ground, eating our lunches together: sometimes out side, and our all time favorite, once a week we go to the library! I love this time we spend together!! She is such a joy to be around, and so much more quiet when her sisters not here. I am so glad that we will have sometime to be together before the new baby comes. I love you Hailey! Everyday, Hailey wants to "find" something. We usually find grasshoppers, worms, caterpillars, or frogs! One day we transplanted these flowers that we found growing in our back yard through the rocks. Sad to say, they're not doing to hot now that their transplanted. And the other day when it rained, there was this gorgeous rainbow. I've never seen a complete rainbow before. It really was breath taking!I had to take it in three different pictures, it was so big, and when i stitched them together on the computer. It was gorgeous!

4 comments:

Elder Larkin said...

Wow! That rainbow really is amazing! I wish I could've been there in person to see it. And of course the picture of my Hailey girl is adorable. I wish I could have a picnic with her too. I miss you guys.

Josh and Nat said...

You are so computer savvy! I am so impressed! I am glad you two have that time together too! Can't wait for Alyssa...

Always, Forever, NO MATTER WHAT said...

Of coarse my favortite picture is of our Haily girl. You weren't kidding when you said she is growing up. I hope you guys get here at a good time tomorrow night so that I have a chance to come out and see you guys. I would be totaly sad if I missed seeing you this trip. That rainbow is beautiful. One of Heavenly Fathers masterpieces.

kate said...

That's an awesome shot of that rainbow! You rock!

So, I can't believe that you're 25 weeks already! Time just flies..

Oh, AND Grey's starts up again TOMORROW... Sigh! I'm super excited. I wish that you lived here so that we could have a PARTY! :)