I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with grass stains on my shoes from mowing Sister Schenck's lawn. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbor's children. I want to be there with a little dirl under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."
~Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Ashlynn's Field Trip!

Today Ashlynn's preschool class took a field trip to the Logan Fire Station. She was so excited to go! They have been taking, all week, about fire safety, and yesterday they got to go out to the bus and learn how to buckle up and about all of the rules while riding on the bus. We were going to have Hailey go to Tiffany's house but Ashlynn wouldn't quit talking about riding on the bus and that Hailey didn't get to. Hailey was so sad. Ashlynn's teachers had told me that Hailey could go, so we ended up taking her too. When we got to the school, we found out that Hailey could come, but she couldn't ride the bus because of some liability rule. She cried the whole way to the fire station! Poor thing!!



2 comments:

Always, Forever, NO MATTER WHAT said...

FYI sister, you're prenant, not fat. You are beautiful. I am so excited to see you guys. Drive safe, but fast k. :) I LOVE YOU GUY'S. See you soon.

Elder Larkin said...

Looks like they had so much fun on their field trip! Hope you have fun in St. George!