I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with grass stains on my shoes from mowing Sister Schenck's lawn. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbor's children. I want to be there with a little dirl under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."
~Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Pie Making With The Vick's! (11~26)

This year, because of construction at the Vicks, we made pies at Lizzie's house! Boy was it a blast! I got to enjoy my 3 sister-in-law's very own Broadway show. Right in Lizz's kitchen! They put on the sound track to Momma Mia and sang their little guts out! It was hilarious!
As for pie making, it was serious stuff. We made a total of 9 pumpkin chiffon, 2 coconut cream, 1 apple, 1 cherry, and 1 lemon merrang. And guess what part I did?! I HAND mixed all of the pumpkin chiffon, and coconut cream pies. That's a total of 11! But... the best part is, each pie called for 2 pudding mixes! That's 22 pudding mixes mixed by hand! It wasn't until the last pie that someone finally said, "Why aren't you using electric beaters?" That's a dang good question!

1 comments:

Always, Forever, NO MATTER WHAT said...

LOL!!! Are you sure your roots aren't blonde? There is no way I would have hand mixed all the pudding with my hands, and you don't even like pudding or pies.