I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with grass stains on my shoes from mowing Sister Schenck's lawn. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbor's children. I want to be there with a little dirl under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."
~Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Thanks Joy!!

Today we went to the mail and Joy's Christmas package was here! We came home, pulled everything out and went about my business. You know the usual: cleaning house, paying bills, that sort of stuff. I was in the computer room and started down the hall, let out a gasp, covered my face, and wailed, "Anthony, I need you!" Hailey had found the box that Joy had sent to us! And it was FULL of shredded paper! Hailey had dragged to paper from the kitchen to the living room, one handful at a time, dropping in as she went! It was everywhere!! So we made her vacuum it up. I think now we should have just sent her to her room because she thought vacuuming us a blast, not the punishment we had hoped it would be!
(I have been trying to upload the video that I took of her vacuuming it all up but it's having issues, so I'll try later so you all can get the full view.)











2 comments:

Elder Larkin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elder Larkin said...

That is sooo funny! Only because I didn't have to clean it up! And look at that smile in the first picture! You can see that she is having so much fun using the vacuum. What a big girl.