I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with grass stains on my shoes from mowing Sister Schenck's lawn. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbor's children. I want to be there with a little dirl under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."
~Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Bear Lake!

Yesterday was Martin Luther King Day and Anthony had the day off from school so we decided to get up out of the inversion and head to Bear Lake. It was so gorgeous! When we left Logan the temp was 21 degrees. Up on the Mountain it was 44 degrees! It was so sunny and warm. The girls had fun running around outside and playing in the snow, while Alyssa sun bathed her face in the sunshine! The lake was covered with a think layer of fog. It was so pretty and we had such a fun time!




6 comments:

Always, Forever, NO MATTER WHAT said...

44 degrees, how nice for you guys. We are in the fifties this week. It's beautiful.

Always, Forever, NO MATTER WHAT said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Em said...

Fun! I can't believe how much warmer it was up there, we're going to have to take the same outing sometime

Elder Larkin said...

Oh! My cute little girls! Those pictures are so cute! We went and played tennis yesterday it was so warm. The boys were in shorts! I love winter in Las Vegas.

kate said...

I know that I say this in like EVERY comment, but I just can't get over how BIG your babies are! Sad and happy at the same time!

I miss your face, and I want to squeeze that cute babies face. Please come and visit soon.

I would offer to visit, but that snow is a HECK no! :)

aprilalexus said...

Oh my heck it has been in the lower 20s here too and today it was 57 I was loving it.
I must say I do miss the winter weather in St.George :(