I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with grass stains on my shoes from mowing Sister Schenck's lawn. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbor's children. I want to be there with a little dirl under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."
~Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Around Salt Lake City

After we finished sanding the people of 'this is the place' gave all of the kids a wrist band and told them they could go ride the ponies over at the barn.

Ashlynn petting a baby goat

Ash and Hailey petting a lamb

Ashlynn riding Misty the pony

Hailey had her hand in the air waving in around saying 'yee ha'

Ian

The girls playing in the school

Uncle Eric gets in trouble and had to demonstrate how the pioneers got punished

The girls by the school bell

Hailey looking apprehensive because the guy in this shop was explaining how to pull a tooth

My hotty hubby

After we left the monument park, we went to lunch at the Lion House Pantry. Then we headed over to the Joseph Smith Memorial building.

The girls in front of the fountain at the top of the J.S. memorial building

The Salt Lake temple from the top of the J.S. building

Alyssa missed most of this

Grand Dad is so funny

Grandma & Grandpa Vick

Grandma and Grandpa Vick with all of their grand kids minus Alyssa who was asleep in her car seat.
The kids in the elevator on the way down

My sweet princesses

Hailey playing in the pond in front of the Salt Lake temple

The Christis inside the visitor center

Alyssa's not so happy not so happy to be taking this photo

On top of the conference center

My sweet Hailey girl

This fountain is on the roof at the conference center. It is exactly over the top of the pulpit where the prophets speak! Speak about living waters!

Hailey and her cousin Tyler

Our little family

3 comments:

Elder Larkin said...

I LOVE the pictures you took of the temple! They are gorgeous!

Always, Forever, NO MATTER WHAT said...

I also liket the pictures of the temple. I really love the one of Ashlynn & Hailey hugging in the big chair.

Josh and Nat said...

Hey guys! It has been too long.. geez! So, what days does Anth have class? We are thinking about doing a potluck at the park on Wed. the 29th.. would you be able to come?