I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with grass stains on my shoes from mowing Sister Schenck's lawn. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbor's children. I want to be there with a little dirl under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."
~Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Monday, July 27, 2009

Bear Lake

Last weekend my Aunt Shirlene called and invited us to go to the lake with them. We had a blast! It has been way to long since we have seen them. They brought along their boat and Sea Doo's and Anthony had his first ride on a Sea Doo! It was so fun! Now we just need to talk Dad Vick into buying some!

~
Hailey thought that the Sea Doo's were fun to sit on, but we were afraid that she would get one of them started. (all you have to do is push a red button)
Anthony Chillaxin'!
Ashlynn digging in the sand
Hailey sitting in a puddle that's probably full of bacteria, it was so warm
Alyssa hanging out on a towel

What a great time we had! Thank you Shirlene for inviting us, we need to do it again. Maybe Yellowstone. Soon!

2 comments:

Always, Forever, NO MATTER WHAT said...

How fun!!! We want to do "Yellowstone" to so we should go together. That would be so much fun. I love that picture of Alyssa. When are you guy's coming down again? I'm in need of my girlie fix. =)

Anonymous said...

Oh I'm so so jealous! That sounds like too much fun. I'm glad they invited you guys to go with them too. What a fun little trip. ~Cindy