I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with grass stains on my shoes from mowing Sister Schenck's lawn. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbor's children. I want to be there with a little dirl under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."
~Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Friday, August 28, 2009

Bedtime News!

Alyssa has slept through the night for 3 nights in a row! Yay! We are hoping to get her doing this consistently before we put her in with her sisters. She has also learned to stand up in her crib. What a big girl!

The bunk beds are finished! Anthony made the little railing up on the top bunk and the girls and I painted it. Now we don't have to worry about Ashlynn falling out! Great job Honey!

Good night Hailey
Good night Ashlynn

4 comments:

Elder Larkin said...

Oh wow! Good job Anthony on the bed rails. They look great! The girls look so cute all snug in their beds, wearing their cute new kitty nightgowns.

Elder Larkin said...

That picture of Alyssa is so cute, and so sad. I want to pick her up and hold her. I can't believe she's standing up in her crib already.

Always, Forever, NO MATTER WHAT said...

The bunk beds look great. I love the jammies you made too. I went and bought material to make Treigh a new woobie.

Melissa Hoffmeyer said...

Cute Intial pillows!! LOL Bunk Beds look Fab! Great Job you guys!