I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with grass stains on my shoes from mowing Sister Schenck's lawn. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbor's children. I want to be there with a little dirl under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."
~Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Friday, August 28, 2009

Meet & Greet


Today we got the chance to take Ashlynn to her school to meet her teacher and see her class room. What a cute class! I can't believe how grown up my little girl is. This is what she got to wear. Her new school clothes! Boy was she excited! She's so excited to start school on Monday!

3 comments:

Elder Larkin said...

Oh how cute is her outfit!!! She looks so grown up and I can see the excitement in her eyes. Even though that smile is totally fake. Hahaha! She's so cute anwyay. Tell her that I'm super excited for her.

Always, Forever, NO MATTER WHAT said...

Oh my goodness! I can't believe that our Ashy girl is in kindergaten. What cute pictures. Tell her that Aunt Nana is really excited for her. Give all the girls hugs for me. I can't wait to see you guy's this next week.

Melissa Hoffmeyer said...

Look how cute she is!!! Love the Zebra print shirt and vest!!!