I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with grass stains on my shoes from mowing Sister Schenck's lawn. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbor's children. I want to be there with a little dirl under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."
~Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Trip to the ER

When we came back from the reunion Ash wasn't feeling any better and her temp was still up to 103. We put her in the tub for 20 minutes in luke warm water but she still only dropped down to 101 degrees but a 1/2 hour later she was back on the rise. By this time it was already 8 o'clock so I told Anthony that I was taking her to the emergency room. I wasn't about to go through the night with temps of 103. When we got there they admitted her and with in 30 mins she was bouncing around the room and I thought, 'Great! They're going to think I'm just a paranoid Mom.' When the nurse finally came in we got to talking about everything that had happened and I told her that when Ashlynn was in the tub she was saying that her back hurt. So she suggested that we do a urine sample. And sure enough. Ashlynn had a full blown UTI. Poor thing. :( Luckily I had my trusty camera with me so we goofed around taking pictures while we waited around for the doc. (mind you, we both had just had a shower, so I haven't a stitch of make-up on)








3 comments:

Elder Larkin said...

Funny pics! At least she wasn't feeling bad with her UTI. You are lucky! When I get 'em, I am in the worst pain of my life. It's even more annoying than giving birth in my opinion. Glad you had fun!

kate said...

poor thing!! Glad you had fun while you waited!! ;)

Always, Forever, NO MATTER WHAT said...

Way fun pictures. Way to make lemonade out of lemons. =)