I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with grass stains on my shoes from mowing Sister Schenck's lawn. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbor's children. I want to be there with a little dirl under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."
~Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Ashlynn's School Picture


Ashlynn is 5 1/2! I can't believe it. I can remember when she was just 18 months and still needed me to rock her to sleep. Now she is so grown up. She is starting to read and write, can tie her own shoes, and has started to pick Alyssa up and carry her around. She is such a good big sister and is such a great example.

I love you Ashlynn. Love, Mommy

3 comments:

Josh and Nat said...

i remember when she was just a little baby. she is so cute and such a little lady!

Anonymous said...

What a pretty picture! Ashlynn IS growing up and such a precious big little girl she is! We love her so much. Please send me a picture, OK?
Love you,
Mom Mackley

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Elder Larkin said...

I really love this picture of Ashlynn. She is so darn cute! She looks alot like you. Stinkin' adorable!