So today I told myself
'Self, you're going to go buy yourself some new jeans.'
(i have one pair that fits me)
Anthony wanted to know what I wore last winter.
HELLO
I was pregnant.
I wore maternity pants.
Anyway...
Nothing I own fits me right.
It's not really that I'm heavier than ever before.
I mean, I'm bigger than I'd like,
but I've been this size before after my other pregnancies.
I think this is my problem:
Every time I 'pop' a baby out, my form changes.
My fat just gets shifted into a different spot.
Has this happened with anyone else or am I just a freak of nature?
On to the story.
So today I go to Kohls,
pick out like 8 pairs of jeans,
nothing works.
I. HAVE. BOOTY.
All of the jeans I've tried on are for people with little/no patuties.
Plus,as I'm in the dressing room Alyssa decides she's hungry,
so I'm sitting there,
feeding her,
in front of the dressing room mirror.
Staring at all of my glorious fatness.
sigh.
So I put them all back.
Next
I head over to the active wear section, thinking,
I have to get something to cover me butt...
it may as well be something comfortable right?
I grab 1 black, 1 gray and 1 maroon pair of really comfortable cottony/sweat panty pants.
All.in...large.
And I head straight to the cashier.
No stops to the dressing room.
They should be fine.
Pay for them.
Go home.
Put a pair on.
WHAT THE....
to small?
I am instantly depressed.
I pick up Alyssa.
She smiles with her two little teeth showing.
I give her a big hug...
and tell her I'm so glad I have her.
And I am.
Friday, October 16, 2009
Confessions of a Cache Valley GIrl
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Cute post Chel!!
Coming from your BIIG booty friend, I feel your pain. Nothing fits in the rear department. I HATE it. Always have, and always will.
That's why I wear loads of dresses and skirts!!
p.s.. you've always had a hot bod, and I'm sure you still do..even post pregnancy!!
That would be great but it's hard to wear skirts and dresses with children. Who knows though, maybe I'll give it a try. Anthony would flip. He wouldn't know what had gotten into me! Maybe I'd feel a little girlier and actually start wearing makeup again....
haha! Jana and I read this post on Sat. but I'm just now getting a chance to comment on it. First of all I know what it's like to go shopping for jeans right after having a baby...ugh!! Second of all, it's hard when you're used to being the girl who can wear anything. [um ya, I used to be that girl too]. After 3 babies, things change, especially our bodies. Just so you know, I think you look pretty HOT for a mommy of 3 and you can't expect your body to ever be the same as it was when you were 18. NOT gonna happen. However, you can still get back to your pre-pregnancy weight [if you want to enough], and don't let anyone tell you you can't. It just might take more than a quick weekend fad diet. Keep up the good work of eating right and exercising...throw out the scale!
To MY baby girl!
You made me laugh with your humor, but honestly you look just wonderful to me and I know you look wonderful to your two beautiful girls and you husband! Like Cindy said, just keep eatin' the 'good stuff' and put away the scales. You'll know it is working by the way your clothes fit. Just get rid of the sugar and white flour and you'll see a big difference. I am forced to do that right now and I am seeing a change even after less than a week even if it is HARD to stick to.
From someone who loves you tons and tons.
Your MOM!
Oh i love this post! I felt the same way this weekend when I tried to buy another pair of jeans. I have some booty but lots of gut. :)
You really do look fantastic!! But I agree dresses and skirts with little ones is somewhat of a pain.
Post a Comment