I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with grass stains on my shoes from mowing Sister Schenck's lawn. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbor's children. I want to be there with a little dirl under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."
~Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Thursday, January 21, 2010

buck tooth beaver.

When Alyssa's first top tooth started coming in I realized that it was bigger than the other girls teeth.
Then her second top tooth started coming in and as you can see,
you could fit a whole other tooth between them!
She's our little
buck tooth beaver!


my sweet girl.

alyssa's bottom two teeth.
pickin at the camera.


Maybe someday she'll grow hair... on another note, she's walking! She is so proud of herself and so are we!

7 comments:

Elder Larkin said...

She's walking?? You need to post a video. Haha! Those teeth are so cute! She makes me laugh.

Anonymous said...

Our precious little Alyssa! How I love her! The teeth are adoreable and I wish I could see her walking! Thanks for putting up pictures so we can see her!
Love Mom Mackley

ChasandKylie said...

She is so sweet! She looks so much like you. :)

Josh and Nat said...

She is a dollface. I want to play with her.

Always, Forever, NO MATTER WHAT said...

How cute! Here teeth make her look i bit older, and I can't wait to see her walk. You need to post a video.

kate said...

Chels-
Thanks for the recommendation, but i've already been reading Rockstar Diaries for the last year or so. She's got a great blog as well! ;)

I can't believe how big Alyssa is! How fun!

Anonymous said...

I guess she must have. Kids are terrible with secrets. About 10 weeks along so due the beginning of Sep. We just let Kennedi take care of the announcing for us. Even the baggers at Maceys know. :)