I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with grass stains on my shoes from mowing Sister Schenck's lawn. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbor's children. I want to be there with a little dirl under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."
~Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Thursday, February 4, 2010

I'm losing it...

For 4 weeks now my friends, the Tiffany's, and I have been going to the gym.
Monday, Wednesday and Friday's.
We are up to 30 + minutes on the elliptical and then we either do 15 minutes on the treadmill or go down and do strength training.
I have lost 5 pounds!
I have to keep pulling my pants up
and instead of using the 2nd hole on my belt I'm using the 3rd.
It feels great and I am really excited to see if I can lose 5 more!
That would be so awesome.
I HATE baby weight.
I feel like it is the hardest weight to drop.
Anyone agree?
Although,...
I guess it's the only weight I've ever had to drop.
I guess I should be happy about that.
But I am happy to say...
I'm LOSING it!

3 comments:

Shane and Jamie Smith said...

Yeah good for you!! I wish I could go with you guys that would be fun...good job on being dedicated at working out though :)

Elder Larkin said...

That is awesome!! I'll bet it's fun to get out of the house and spend time with friends too...even if they do have the same name. ;) JK. Keep it up!!

Always, Forever, NO MATTER WHAT said...

That is so exciting. Keep it up and you will keep loosing. I am now on my maintinance part of my diet, and this morning I ate breakfast and felt like I was cheeting. =) I can tell that my stoamch has shrunk. Now to KEEP OFF the weight. My never ending battle. When are you guy's coming to visit next? When you do you will have to come to Zumba with Julie and Me. That way you can get your work outs in. =)