I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with grass stains on my shoes from mowing Sister Schenck's lawn. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbor's children. I want to be there with a little dirl under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."
~Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Monday, February 8, 2010

Hailey's Princess and the Frog Party Dress.

The girls birthday's are coming up.
Ashlynn's is Feb. 13th and Hailey's is March 1st.
Ashlynn is having a Hannah Montana Party.
I found her a 'rockstar' dress that she is going to wear and I also found Hailey a cute little diva outfit.
I have been looking around the stores for some type of Princess and the frog outfit that Hailey can wear to her party, but have had no luck.
So...
I decided that I would attempt to make her one.
Originally I didn't want her to see it till her party but I had to try it on her so that didn't work out.
She loves it.
I think it turned out pretty cute.

When Ashlynn saw that I was making Hailey a dress she wanted to know if I was going to make her one. So I took the extra material and made her a skirt. It turned out alright. LOL!

5 comments:

Always, Forever, NO MATTER WHAT said...

Way cute dress and skirt. I bet the gigrls love them.

Justin, Emily,Nyah & Anastyn said...

You did a great job!!! I wish I was that good with my sewing machine

Elder Larkin said...

HOw cute is Hailey's costume?? LOVE it! I can tell she feels like a princess, so I think your mission was accomplished!

Shane and Jamie Smith said...

WOW, Chels that is a super cute dress, I bet Hailey is so excited to be a Princess, GOOD JOB :)

ChasandKylie said...

Super Cute! You did a GREAT JOB!! :)