I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with grass stains on my shoes from mowing Sister Schenck's lawn. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbor's children. I want to be there with a little dirl under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."
~Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Baby goes bang.

Last week the girls were supposed to be in their room cleaning.
Anthony was watching tv and I was cooking and all of the sudden Alyssa starts screaming.
Anthony ran in there and she had this really big scrap on her cheek.
Automatically thinking it was the girls we both start yelling at them and asking them what they did to her.
Come to find out, she did it on her own.
Sort of.
If they would have picked up their crap,
she wouldn't have tripped over it and into the bolts that are sticking out of their bunk beds.
Poor little thing.
After some snuggles from Daddy and Mommy she was all smiles.
So I thought I would take some pictures to document her first little accident.
Looks more like she got punched in the eye!

This is her the next morning.
Luckily the bump on her forehead was gone,
but her eye was all puffy and pink and the sore was all oozy.
Thank goodness for neosporin, or she would probably be left with a huge ugly scar.



It was so sad... even if she didn't seem to notice.

5 comments:

kate said...

OUCH!! Poor thing! It makes me hurt just looking at it!

Anonymous said...

Our sweet little Alyssa, too little to have such a nasty scrape! I hope it is looking better today. Give her a kiss from Grandma Mackley and tell her we love her!
We miss you all,
Love Grandma

Larkin's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

ohhh! that looks like it really hurt. but look at her she's still smiling! Kids are so resilient aren't they?
~Cindy

Always, Forever, NO MATTER WHAT said...

OOOuch! Poor little bunny. It looks like it hurts.