I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with grass stains on my shoes from mowing Sister Schenck's lawn. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbor's children. I want to be there with a little dirl under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."
~Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Monday, November 29, 2010

Family Pictures

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving full of family and eating.
All of Anthony's family was in town except for Belinda, who we miss but get to go see in two weeks!
All of the Mackley family was there for Thanksgiving dinner except for Greg & Jules and kiddos, and of course Colby.
We missed them all.
It seems like it is so hard for all of us to get together anymore, and with out Colby it really feels weird when someone else is missing too.
I am so grateful for family.
I have the greatest family and in-laws.
There really is nothing that could come between us.
The Mackley family finally got together, minus a few of Jana and Dondi's kids, for an updated family picture.
Besides for weddings, it's been 6 years since we've done one.
That means that two of my kids weren't in it!
Anyway, here are a few of them...



Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving too!

3 comments:

Josh and Nat said...

Beautiful! We miss you guys so much. Glad you had a great Thanksgiving. Thanks for being such good friends to us.

Elder Larkin said...

Love your family picture! Did you pick up your 20 x 30 yet? If so, how did it turn out?? Are you sending out Christmas cards this year?

Anonymous said...

My enlarged picture is now hanging on our family room wall and I get to see my GREAT family every time I am in that room. Aren 't we lucky to have Cindy for our family photographer!
Love you,
Mom M