I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with grass stains on my shoes from mowing Sister Schenck's lawn. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbor's children. I want to be there with a little dirl under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."
~Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween 2009

Ashlynn and Hailey love the movie,
Aqua Marine,
so for Halloween they wanted to be Mermaids.
Thanks to Aunt Joy,
they were the cutest dang Mermaids ever!
They've had the costumes for about a month or so and,
through wearing them,
some of the tulle came out of the tail.
So we used them as Colored hair.

Hailey.



Ashlynn.



Alyssa waiting to get dressed up.
My little bug!


Trick-or-Treating.
This year even Daddy came.
Yay!
Alyssa in the stroller.

What a fun Halloween. We went down to Anthony's sister Belinda's. She just lives an hour away in Kaysville, Ut. We made soup in bread bowls and after Trick-or-Treating with the kids, we hung out and watched Harry Potter. We're so glad that we've been able to spend time with their family while living up here. Thanks Belliston's for having us down!

3 comments:

kate said...

ashlyn is gorgeous!
she even has the cute pose down.
you're in trouble girl!!

sounds like a fun halloween! ;0

Always, Forever, NO MATTER WHAT said...

Whay great costumes!!! I don't think there are three cuter girls then your three. Give them all smooches from Aunt Nan

Melissa Hoffmeyer said...

Love it!!